Safety Nerd Best Practices
At the end of the day, we all have the same mission – to grow a business while protecting our most valuable assets – our people.
A popular question which we’re asked during every client call is ‘What are other companies doing to protect their people?’ Sharing tips and tactics is vital during this time in order to persevere, so that is exactly what we are highlighting today!
We have heard of several new policies and procedures customers now have in place – especially if their organization has been deemed an essential service. The most common are:
• Do not come to work if you are feeling ill/showing symptoms.
• Signage as reminders for hand washing and social distancing.
• Staggered start times, break times, and lunches.
• Communication and resources for employees, especially when it comes to mental health.
• Daily self-assessment/check in forms that include questions about health, exposure, etc. (please see our COVID-19 related forms in our Template Library).
• Electronic delivery of courses vs. in-person training (Find out more about our eLearning options).
• PPE such as gloves, masks, and eye protection.
One of our clients also recently chatted about prepping to go back to the office and shared the following with us:
• Consider all traffic areas such as hallways, bathrooms, kitchens, coffee makers etc. and see where you can mitigate risks.
• Look for touchless solutions where possible: hand soap, faucets, hand drying, waste disposals/garbage cans, doors, etc.
To find out more about what customers have been doing to protect their workforce, check out our Safety Nerd Best Practices, and feel free to add company tactics that have been working well for you and your team!