eCompliance is seeking a full-time, full-stack Node developer, with experience in Java, to support the development of secure, scalable microservices, written in NestJS. The successful candidate will help build a new system will provide the data to be consumed by a new mobile application being developed in Flutter. The successful candidate for this role will have 5+ years of demonstrated experience in back-end work with Node, and has solid understanding of how to set up microservices in a secure and scalable way. The ideal candidate will also have 5+ years experience with Java, to help with modernizing a legacy application, and supporting the migration of its functionality into our microservices architecture and our new mobile experience. This role will require flexibility in tasks, between server development in NestJS or Java, and the candidate will have exposure to the mobile client written in Flutter.
eCompliance is a Saas company in the Health and Safety space. We currently have two products, eCompliance and FieldiD, and are working to move both products into a single user experience. Our eCompliance product focuses on safety of people in the workplace, tracking training, meetings, and hazard identification, among other things. Our FieldID product focuses on the safety of assets via inspections. Our products are utilized by clients 24×7 on almost all continents, and makes a difference in keeping people safe. eCompliance is self-funded and growing. Come grow your career with us!
The team is managed using SCRUM with all related methodologies. Work is tracked using JIRA, tested rigorously by our quality team, and prioritized by our Product Management team. Hard work is rewarded with bi-weekly lunches on the company, quarterly recognition for outstanding work, and a generally fun atmosphere. With a nimble team, your contributions will make a direct difference in the success of the product.
Here’s what you will be doing:
- Develop secure and scalable microservices written in NestJS, powered by Kubernetes
- Develop and support an aligned authentication and authorization process for all products
- Support our Java monolith application written in Java 8 with Spring and Wicket, on Tomcat.
- Contribute to the planning and design of a horizontally scalable application written in Java (multi-tomcat solution, solving session handling)
- Contribute to the planning and design of a horizontally scalable database (MySQL)
- Writing code in a Test-Driven Development manner
- Provide leadership for the team on all technical topics. Coaching team members on technical topics and via code reviews will be expected
- Attend and contribute to all SCRUM meetings: daily standups, retros, sprint planning, and backlog grooming
- Developing your skills according to your career plan, and working with your manager to create and explore the opportunities you need to grow in your role.
- Be a talented, and passionate member of the team, continuously looking for opportunities to improve our team processes, the software that we write, and making the office a great place to work.
We are looking for a creative problem solver who can help drive positive action in our client’s organizations while also achieving their long-term professional goals:
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or similar technical training
- 5+ years developing back-end services with Node
- 5+ years developing server or full-stack applications using Java
- Demonstrated experience working with microservices and containers
- Experience with setting up Authorization and Authentication with OIDC protocol
- Experience designing / consuming secure and scalable REST APIs
- Experience with Containers
- Experience with Dart / Flutter will be a strong asset
- Experience with mobile development in general will be an asset
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming is a must. Solid understanding of functional programming patterns is also great. Solid understanding of common software patterns.
- Demonstrated interest in learning new technology (ie: Flutter).
- Excellent communication and team skills.
Examples of challenges you will be solving
- Having a project or two in github, or having a personally developed app in the app store, or some other hobby project
- Demonstrated ability in software architecture and software patterns
- Experience in Lambda services / programming
- Experience with AWS services, such as S3, RDS Aurora, SES
- Experience with software systems: CI/CD pipelines, containers, tomcat
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD), Domain Driven Design (DDD), and design patterns.
The career opportunity to lead data initiatives for a fast growing start up.
- Full Benefits
- Career progression in a high growth company
What Do I Do Next?
Hey, you’ve read this far! So, we should talk. Please send your resume to email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org.