This Year’s Most Popular Workplace Safety Resources
This holiday season, our team wants to share our top 2022 workplace safety resources with you! These are our most popular content pieces seen by employers and EHS professionals this year, showcasing a range of topics. From behavior-based safety observations to predictive analytics, we want to give you the gift of safety this holiday season!
Read on to discover what resonated with the health and safety community this year and how you can overcome certain safety challenges for a safer 2023.
Don't forget to enter in your text.BOOK A FREE DEMO →
Top 5 EcoOnline Safety Resources in 2022
The following content pieces explore a variety of topics which outline what EHS leaders and C-suite executives were focused on this year. We have collected our top 5 performing pieces in 2022 to help you protect your people and create a safer work environment.
Without further ado, let’s jump in!
Our most downloaded piece was a whitepaper titled, Management’s Guide to Behavior-Based Safety. This whitepaper detailed how behavior-based safety observations can help you get to the root cause of deficiencies or nonconformances which may be taking place on-site. They can also help you stay proactive to get ahead of incidents before they occur.
Mitigate possible hazards and risks present on site with some helpful tips found in this whitepaper, including:
- The identification and analysis of consequences pertaining to actions taken on site
- Three ways to put behavior-based safety into action right now
- How to use a formal corrective action process to encourage safe behaviors
Another popular piece was The Difference Between a Hazard Assessment and Risk Assessment: What Most Organizations Get Wrong.
Though this is one of the most fundamental elements of health and safety, it is often misunderstood. A hazard can be defined as anything which could result in a loss or damage to property, people, or the environment. A risk can be described as how likely an employee will be faced with a hazard. Only once this subtle difference is understood, can you effectively carry out a hazard and risk assessment.
Download this guide to learn more about:
- What hazard identification entails
- The difference between a hazard and risk assessment
- How each can complement the other
Our top visited blog was one highlighting new OHSA fines which were introduced in Ontario this year. In April, the Government of Ontario passed Bill 88 which included increases to penalties and fines under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA). As of July 1st this year, fines rose to a maximum of $1.5 million for directors and officers and up to $500,000 for workers or supervisors.
This piece showcases how our digital EHS solution could help you prepare and avoid such hefty fines. Read New OHSA Fines and What They Could Mean for Your Organization to learn how EcoOnline can give you:
- 360-degree visibility into your safety program to easily spot gaps and deficiencies in your safety program
- Greater employee accountability to help reduce incidents, accidents, and near-misses
- More efficiency and productivity with less time lost to administrative or manual processes
Another top performer was our EHS Management Continuous Improvement Guide. This guide covers how continuous improvement can help your organization’s safety program evolve and grow stronger. This involves the Plan, Do, Check, Act Cycle which can help you assess your safety management system, as well as its individual components.
- The first step of the cycle is Plan: This entails identifying objectives, reviewing resources you already have or need, and mapping out processes which need to be in place.
- The second step is Do: This is the part where key stakeholders do everything that was outlined in the plan process.
- The third step is Check: This is where key stakeholders check how well they implemented their original plan and measure its performance.
- The final step is Act: This is when you can identify gaps which were uncovered during the check process and put the necessary actions in place to rectify them.
To learn more about each step and how EcoOnline can help, download our guide now.
Finally, one of the most popular pieces downloaded this year, was a webinar on The Path to Predictive EHS Management with speakers Bill Pennington and Harish Pandian, Research Director from Verdantix and VP of Product Management from EcoOnline respectively.
Data and analytics are a vital part of creating a safer workplace, as they can help you get to the root cause of incidents and assess where your weaknesses and strengths truly are. Paper and Excel-based safety systems make it extremely challenging to identify trends and analyze data. Therefore, a digital solution with a robust reporting capability can simplify this process.
Download this webinar to learn more about:
- How data has transformed occupational and process-based safety procedures
- How to make your data strategy successful
- Deciding on leading and lagging indicators for your predictive EHS management
- And much more
Here’s to a Safer 2023 with EcoOnline
We want to help you prepare for a safer 2023 with the help of these content pieces and our digital safety solutions. Modernize your safety processes with the help of our robust software tools which can help:
- Digitize your documentation and data in one easily accessible platform
- Streamline communication between key stakeholders and employees on multiple sites
- Deliver key data with the help of dynamic reporting dashboards
- Simplify your corrective action assignments with automated notification set up and alerts
- Protect against equipment failure and malfunctions
- Empower employees with the help of a mobile application, allowing them to report hazards in a few clicks
- And so much more!
We’d love to work with you in the new year! To learn more about how we can help your organization protect your people in 2023, fill out the form below or speak to an EcoOnline representative.